Sometimes a photographer’s images are so beautiful and evocative that they practically transport you right to the moment they were taken. That’s what the awesome Lydia Messenger’s photos of Sal + Andrea’s romantic Occidental College wedding do for me. Simple, sincere, and stunning are the words that come to mind when describing this wedding. There are details, but they are thoughtful and minimal. The true focus is the couple and the celebration of their love. Just how it should be!
Venue: Occidental College
Photographer: Lydia Messenger Photography
Flowers: Downtown LA Flower Market
Hair + Makeup: Pinup Girl Boutique
Cake: Portos Bakery
Bride’s Dress: Mori Lee
Groom’s Suit: Givenchy
Ann + Kevin’s beautiful engagement session in Laguna Canyon, captured by Eli Murray Weddings, is an extra special one for me to share. That’s because that babe in the blue dress is one of my very best friends in the whole wide world! Ann and I have been friends for over ten years and I have the honor of helping to design her July wedding AND be the maid of honor. Needless to say, I am beyond excited for her, so it’s pretty much the most fun thing ever for me to get a chance to post these gorgeous photos! In the next few months I will also be sharing photos from her upcoming bridal shower and then hopefully, her wedding! Stay tuned:)
Looking for a super easy Valentine’s Day decoration that you can whip up with things you probably already have around the house? If so, you are in luck because today we have a sweet + petite DIY heart garland for you from Smitten on Paper!
Heart Hole Puncher
1. Using the heart hole puncher, hole punch your paper about 10-15 times.
2. After I’ve hold punched the red paper, I continue on hole punching the rest of my paper colors.
3. Taking the first hole punched heart, apply a dot of glue.
4. Adhere the heart to your twine. My twine measure about 150 inches, I wanted a long garland, but it all depends on your desire length.
5. Start adhering the rest of your hearts, making sure that they are about 2 inches apart.
6. Tada! once you have applied all your hearts, your left with a romantic looking garland.
Smitten on Paper is running a promotion right now for 10% off your wedding invitation suite using the code ‘HOORAY10′!